I’ve reconsidered the Lettuce Shoulder Blouse (BurdaStyle 2010-07-121)
Now I think it looks a bit rad(ichhio).
I can rocket…
Who’s to argue with arugula?
I cut the ruffles on the bias again, which makes them a bit lighter and ruffly (and it’s a darn sight easier than sewing fiddly narrow hems on those strips, as they suggest in the instructions). The ruffles shrank a tad when I washed my brown version of this top, so I cut the strips a little wider for this version.
It’s a very easy blouse to make – it has cut-on sleeves, so no fussing with sleeve insertion.
I modified the pattern to remove the seam across the bust (just joined the pieces).
Also pleated, rather than gathered, the sleeves before binding them.
Used French seams throughout and bound the neckline with self-fabric bias strips, rather than attaching the collar stand.
Here’s the line drawing:
And here’s how BurdaStyle styled it. Now that I look at this, I quite like the wider arm bands….(but don’t think I’ll be rock(et)ing the shorts, socks and sandals look any time soon!)