I’m back on target! And aiming for a lot more time in the sewing room in 2014!!
The renovation dust has settled, we’ve survived the HSC and sojourned to foreign climes (France and Spain)
The sewing accoutrements were packed away for far too long!
I’m off to a rocky start, however. There was an attempt at another Ruffle Shoulder blouse (BurdaStyle 2010-07-121) I’ve come to like the light-blah colour one I made a while back…so thought I’d try a green print one. Ah…no. Looks like lettuce stitched to my shoulders. I still like the pattern, but it’s best in another colour or print.
Then I tried to finish a red print Archer I started last year. I made the one with the gathered rear panel, just for something different. Unfortunately, the panel puffed out like a bubble…not a good look. I unpicked the gathered version (the way it was designed) and tried wider pleats. Mmmm…..no. That didn’t work either. I do, however, like it from the front, so I will definitely try again with the ‘normal’ version.
And I whipped up a Jalie 3024 dress…super easy and fast but I’m not in love with the waist band panel. If I make this again, I’ll blend the top, waist and skirt all into one piece. Also probably better made in a more substantial knit…this ITY version is not forgiving!
All which is leading to why I am posting about the B+W ‘Target’ top I made several years ago. I thought it might be something useful for BurdaStyle sewists* looking for a quick top that’s a little sharper than a T-shirt. It’s a lightening quick make: front, back and neck facing/ sleeve bindings if that’s how you like to finish things (I do). It’s BurdaStyle 2011-04-122. See my Pattern Review post for more details. I have the neck folded down. It’s not too hot, though I wouldn’t wear it on a sticky 30+C day.
*apologies to sewists who don’t subscribe to / have access to BurdaStyle Magazine…I can’t find this pattern for sale on the English-version BurdaStyle website.
Now….back to my sewing room!