This dress was one of those ‘just let rip and see what happens’ creations. I need to take that approach more often…
It’s Burda 7625
The ‘just let it rip’ part of this make was that I used Size 20 shoulders/bodice length as an FBA and scaled the under arm section back down to a 12 skirt. And it worked!! I have enough coverage in front and the waist/hips fit fine! The top is a stretch knit and the skirt is a firmer ponte – holds everything in nicely!!
.Other things I did:
– Left off the little front bar that holds the bodice together….just whip stitched the fronts to a height I was comfy with
– Left out the zipper …no need with stretch knits!
– Made the darts a little longer….need some more practice with making darts on ponte…
– Self bound the wrist edges. This was made before I discovered Steam a Seam…though I still really like the bound edge…looks ‘finished’.
– (For now) I’ve left the skirt unfinished….the ponte is a bit bullky when turned up…
I’ve worn this on several occasions, including a a night out dancing and it was great for that!
This pattern will definitely feature again…for a work-dress with grey ponte picked up at Tessuti’s during the Sydney Sewing Blogger meet up.
Conclusion: A comfortable dressy dress! Particularly good for those nights when you’re running late …just pull on and fly!